Flight Crew do not always have the benefit of making systematic, command decisions in the fullness of time, whilst seated within a comfortable environment, with access to colleagues.
Often, critical decisions have to be made at pace whilst balancing information from a number of sources, sometimes compromised by events over which the pilot has little control, at the same time as being interrupted or distracted.
Add to this the attendant stressors that come via commercial and social pressure, and we have a considerable leadership and operational challenge.
Flight Crew meet the challenges that are presented with considerable skill and success. A firm understanding of the principles of effective team skills improves all aspects of decision making; but this is by no means a panacea, and how and when to make that critical decision (and by what means we convey that decision) to best effect is still 'work in progress' for most organisations.
Without obligation, we are happy to discuss how Cassandra Flight Training may be of benefit to your company or organisation; we will give advice and offer help where we can.
Training delivery: Your choice, but always sharp
for your needs
The Cassandra suite of programmes is aimed at any individual or group that wishes to enhance effectiveness in safety of operation or performance; all courses are bespoke, and can be tailored to fit your requirements specifically.
During your initial contact with CFT we will listen closely to your requirements and expectations and design a bespoke package to meet your exact needs.
This means that you make the most effective use of your resources - both in terms of training time for your people and also in using your budget efficiently.
- Concept: we define your business requirements together
- Clarity of purpose: we design precise specifications to meet time and budgetary constraints
- Development: we produce a clean, tight, effective solution that fulfils needs and meets your approval
- Delivery: we deliver your training efficiently, effectively, on time and within budget
- Feedback: we critically analyse training experience and offer feedback accordingly
A typical package might include sessions on:
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Overcoming Adversity
- Effective Communication
- Presentation skills
- Debriefing skills and delivery of Effective Feedback
- Leadership, Command and Team Skills
- Fatigue Management
- Just Culture
- Human Factors in aviation and other performance-critical environments:
- Briefing and Debriefing Skills for trainers
- Cognition and Information Processing
- Conflict Resolution
- Distraction Management
- Fatigue Risks
- Leadership Skills
- Learning and Teaching process
- Non-Adherence; Risk and Judgment
- Reliability and Resilience
- Situational Perspectives
- Standardisation; trainer and examiner
- Stress and Alertness
- Threat and Error Management
- Training and Assessment Markers
- Training Evaluation, Self and Bias
- Workload Management, Automation and the Human Operator
(Each element expected to cover .25 to .50 day)
- Train the Trainer skills (EASA Part 1 aligned); 4 day course
- Command Skills for prospective airline captains; 3-4 day course